Today is the day!
Last night I smoked my last cigarette.
This morning the process begins.
Not Smoking Week One / Day One
1) Be crabby!
Oops... did I say that out loud?
I meant "Be strong!"
2) Remove all traces of cigarettes;
butts, ash trays washed and put away for guests,
dump garbage cans into dumpster and put away lighters.
3) Only drink one cup of coffee...
because I intend to sleep a lot for the first few days,
but still need to function on some lower level zombie mode.
4) Drink lots of water in small doses and shower twice a day.
Nicotine leaves your body through your pores.... wash it out and off !
5) Cut up celery to keep handy for nibbles and that oral need thing.
6) Try not to kill the man...
7) Avoid having the man kill me.
(We are both quitting.)
8) Carve. (Not crave!)
It is impossible to carve and smoke at the same time.
I've got scars to prove it.
8) Spend as much time as possible in the house where we do not smoke...
avoid situations where others are smoking.
9) Wash all clothes, coats, etc. that have a smoke scent.
10) Reward myself for good behavior...
feed the trip kitty!
Safe guards have been put into place.
I asked the man to think of a code phrase in case my crabby level exceed his ability to cope.
He settled on
"Shut the fuck up!"
That should do it.
And no worries... its designed to make me laugh and it will.
My code phrase for him...
"If you're going to ride my ass, at least you could pull my hair! "
Yep. It ought to be an interesting week.
A little non-smoke music to get me going....