Wednesday, January 4, 2012

QUITTING

http://schools.shorelineschools.org/shorecrest/industrial_tech/web_design/PSA/PSA2/Alex%20Peterson%20-%20PSA/ads_anti.htm

Plan One

Today is the day!
Last night I smoked my last cigarette.
This morning the process begins.

Not Smoking Week One / Day One

1) Be crabby!
     Oops... did I say that out loud?
     I meant "Be strong!"

2) Remove all traces of cigarettes;
    butts, ash trays washed and put away for guests,
    dump garbage cans into dumpster and put away lighters.

3) Only drink one cup of coffee...
    because I intend to sleep a lot for the first few days,
    but still need to function on some lower level zombie mode.

4) Drink lots of water in small doses and shower twice a day. 
    Nicotine leaves your body through your pores.... wash it out and off !

5) Cut up celery to keep handy for nibbles and that oral need thing.

6) Try not to kill the man...

 7) Avoid having the man kill me.

    (We are both quitting.)

8) Carve.  (Not crave!)
    It is impossible to carve and smoke at the same time.
    I've got scars to prove it.

8) Spend as much time as possible in the house where we do not smoke...
    avoid situations where others are smoking.

9) Wash all clothes, coats, etc. that have a smoke scent.

10) Reward myself for good behavior...
      feed the trip kitty!

Safe guards have been put into place.
I asked the man to think of a code phrase in case my crabby level exceed his ability to cope.
He settled on
"Shut the fuck up!"
That should do it.
And no worries... its designed to make me laugh and it will.
My code phrase for him...
"If you're going to ride my ass, at least you could pull my hair! "

Yep.  It ought to be an interesting week.

A little non-smoke music to get me going....

http://youtu.be/popg6dOoTWQ

9 comments:

  1. It is great that you are quitting together! And I really think being able to feed the trip kitty will be a great incentive. Be strong, be crabby, be a non-smoker!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tidings to you both and may you both be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. laura b.- Thanks! We need all the support we can get. Neither of us have killed each other yet! I think that's a great start.

    cube- Thank you! We started our day by practicing shouting our code phrases. We believe in being prepared. So far we have not had to use them as actual warnings.

    billy pilgrim- Randy says to call him in a day or so... I assume that's when he thinks it will be safe again. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh em gee....your safe phrases crack me up! i think they are wise you need the humor. i wish you great success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great on all levels! You have good strategies. And OMG can't believe you are both doing it, though I guess that makes sense - would be hard if it were only one.

    Again, can't believe you smoke. I have a very sensitive nose and did not smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lime- A sense of humor is always required here. Thanks!

    NoRegrets- We have both talked about it for a long time now. It would not bother me much if he continued to smoke and I quit. It would bother me if I continued to smoke and he quit.

    Ha. I'm glad that I was able to fool you! =:]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are off to a good start. That's a tough one, and I'm wishing you strength and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. secret agent woman- Thank you! We are giving it our all. Strength and patience are very much appreciated! =:]

    ReplyDelete