Thursday, July 26, 2012

GRUMBLE

Carrot love.
=:]


 I got a job.

Damn it!

I know... with so many people out of work...
I should be very grateful.

Don't get me wrong.
I am going to accept the job because it is a job...
and I needed a job.

Its not a job that I would have picked for myself.
And the rules are that I cannot turn down a job.

My unemployment checks would go away if I did.
I may as well accept the job then.


"Orientation" is next Weds.
That means that I have 
5 days
to find a job that is less upsetting to my life.

Honest work is honest work.

So what's my problem?

My problem is that my new "master" informed me that
I will work every single holiday or I will be fired.
Also...
I will work nights and weekends...

Which happens to be the only time that I can see Randy...
because of his graveyard hours.

Did I move here from a good paying, great job
to spend all my time alone or working for a pittance?
NO.


So I am pounding on doors the next 5 days...
and hoping for something else that won't be as 
destructive to my life.


Failing that saving me...
I'll be looking for other work in every spare hour I've got
until I can quit.

I'll I've got left to say is
CRAP!

 

13 comments:

  1. I hope that you can find a job that better suits yours/Randy's hours. Here's hoping for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. Its also a matter of having to drive for 35 minutes each way... for short hours... more time lost. I am afraid that by the time I buy my gas, I will actually make less than my unemployment check. And not see Randy. Rats.

      Delete
  2. Well they say it is easier to find a job when you are employed so hopefully this will help you find something better. Good luck, and maybe the job will turn out to be OK after you work there a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are right Shife! Randy said the same thing. I am hoping that is the case.

      I am spoiled, I know. But darn it, I have done my share of low paid no respect jobs. Paid those dues.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear. I'm so sorry Silly Rabbit. I really do hope you are able to find something more reasonable very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you larua b. I am feeling sorry for myself and being a bit of a brat. =;] But I am going to find a better job.

      Delete
  4. Oh, dear. I was happy about you finding a job and then I read that the hours/money would be unacceptable. I don't know if it will help, but just know that I'm sending good wishes your way for your new job search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always say the right things, Cube. Much appreciated! I am feeling better today. Sometimes you just have to blow off steam.

      Delete
  5. BTW I forgot to mention that I really liked the
    the carrot love picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute? Ha. But then silly rabbits do love their carrots. =;]

      Delete
  6. I do hope you find something better. That wouldn't be any fun to work on holidays and weekends. I used to work the weekends when I worked at McDonalds while I was a college student and Fridays meant nothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, that really sucks. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find a better job very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your new master sounds like a real charmer. oh i hope your hours permit you to keep looking for something better.

    ReplyDelete