Sunday, February 7, 2021

Good news on the horizon!



The special envelope finally arrived and is on its way to the Social Security office. Once it is verified... my legal evidence of marriage to Randy... I will be awarded my widows benefits with back pay.
Yay! 

I also made a decision on my living arrangements and instead of staying in the cabin for another month, I’m going to move in with my daughter and her family. 
It’s not ideal. Bears MIL lives there too. Though, Sue Bob and I get along well. I like my privacy. What I don’t like is driving n hour each way to my home... just to check my mail or visit the doc. 
Nor do I care for paying $1,000 rent on the cabin on top of my regular home related expenses. I am rented here until the 10th. 

I can deal with the people I love for a month or so. I’ll still have a 30 minute drive to my house. That’s not awful. I actually spend a lot of time spying on my house. I crave seeing progress. As if I can hurry it along by staring at it. Serve Pro can watch me watching them. 

I’m not concerned about the remodeling as much as the clean up crew. The Bear and her man both work for my contractor. 
The plan is once Serve Pro is out, they will start with my master bedroom and master bathroom. It was the least smoke damaged part of the house. It needs new flooring and paint. Once that’s done, I can move back in, using it like a little apartment.
Both of my husbands were wood workers and I’m no stranger to construction noise. I’ll be snug as a bug. 

 

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the good news and I hope things continue trending in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! I hope you can get back into your house soon, and get back to the business of living the way that makes you comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the world is giving you an abundance of obstacles and you're sailing right through them with flying colors.

    spring is here so it's time to start thinking about a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete