Monday, January 11, 2021

 Hummmm... I tried to load a couple of photos, but the rats didn’t load. 



There it is!  I’m sorry to say that Randy died on December 22, 2020. 

He spent two and a half weeks in the Burn Unit  at Legacy Emanuel, one of the best in the country. The last time I got to speak to him, he was being put into the ambulance.  I yelled “I’ll follow you to the hospital!” The EMS looked at me and said “You can’t. COVID rules” . Fuuuuuccckk!

I didn’t get to say goodbye. I’m glad I’d told him earlier that day that I loved him.  His response was his typical “I know.” Followed by a quick kiss. That will have to do. 

They put him into an induced medical coma. I’m glad of that too, even though I never got to speak to him again. They did let me be with him at the burn unit with COVID precautions. They amputated his fingers on his left hand. He had corpse and his own skin to cover the burns. I wondered if the hair off his chest would grow in strange places. Ha! They decided when the leg grafts were not taking , that the best move was to amputate his legs. 

But as it happened he developed pneumonia, as burn victims often do. Two days later his stomach shut down. He could no longer process nutrients. It was brutally clear that his organs were shutting down. I was faced with the Most horrible choice of my life. 


I had his life support turned off. Enough suffering for Randy’s body. My Bear and I sat with him awhile, said all our hearts needed to say. Then gave his family some time. 


He never had to wake without his hand or legs. No nightmare reveal. He quietly and peacefully left all that behind. 


Oddly, I am at peace with all this. God is true to His Word. Randy was a good Christian with a huge heart, big enough to love all my children and grands as his own. I know he’s up in heaven with a new young body, , happy with no sorrows. 

Probably looking at boobs and butts, making friends wherever he goes. I’ve been to buy dealing with the house, insurances, my finances, which are up in the air. Telling ServeMasters what to try to save, what not. Going thru all the things Randy collected... I mean boxes and boxes! Yikes! 

I’ve got Stu in storage. ServeMasters began to haul off the mess and begin the gutting of the house. It’s black inside from smoke damage. Toxic. Yuck.

Roxy and I now abide in a two room vacation cabin about 45 miles away. It’s tiny. The floors are cold Always. Small or not, few can find me here. No one that I don’t want to retell the story to again.  A gazillion well meaning neighbors dropped in as we were sorting Randy’s things. I need a sanctuary and this fits the bill for now. It’s too peopley out there. I’m socially challenged on normal days. I’ve got a huge support group. It’s hard to escape even them. 😂 

I will be fine. I’ve lived on my own before. I have my pit bull should I need protection. Though if a threat comes up that includes a cheese burger, all bets are off. I’m standing my ground and pushing forward. 

Love to you all. =:]


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. That is awful. I'm glad you have a support system, and I'm glad you are able to sort things out through writing. I'm thinking of you, and sending love.

    ReplyDelete