Saturday, January 23, 2021

Depression is sucky


Two friends of mine are suffering with depression. One writes nonfiction and teaches writing courses. The other is a poet. I think that creative people are magnets to depression. I told them both to write their feelings, that I love and care about them. Call night or day. I know I’m chatty, but I can listen. 



 That’s a hell of a chicken! 

Today I go up river to my home town. I’ve got to pick up meds, check for mail and from there go north to spend the night at my daughter’s house.  She lives in a tinier town than Dumb Potters Hell. 
Google can’t even find it. Lol. 



We have lots of Ospreys and eagles near my home. I miss them, so I’ll sit for awhile and watch them.

Sometimes mountain lions show up in town. One found his way into a down town motel room. Unfortunately, she was put down. I’d rather they relocated her, but they do what they do. Now and then, one will attack and kill hikers and mountain bikers on the hiking trails. Nature, while stunningly beautiful has a terrible cost. Best to hike in groups. Single prey is their goal. 



Mother Nature throws some dirty tricks our way. This mudslide happed since the nw year. It claimed the life of one woman trying to flee. She was buried under 15 feet of liquid mountain. It is less than 15 miles down river from my cabin.  Pretty sobering. 

Oregon is still wild. I love it here despite the wild fires, the dangerous animals and raccoons tapping on the sliding glass door demanding a dish of cat food. Opossum scare me the most! They do not fall down and play dead for me. They hiss and charge with their needle teeth. I must look harmless running away. They are damn scary. But, they eat ticks, even Lyme diseased ticks. I appreciate that. 

Tonight the ex is grilling steaks at the Bears house Roxy will go with me. We have to trade Roxy and Layla, my grand dog, in and out of their crates. Roxy has no tolerance for frolicking boxers. 

Layla is a hoot! 

There is nothing like a dog for love and hilarious nonsense. 











Today

4 comments:

  1. I agree a thousand percent about depression and creative folks. I have it more under control now but boy, oh, boy, it was a beast when I was younger. Good luck to your friends and nice of you to be there for them. Hope you have had a good week and taking care of yourself. I mentioned you on my blog but send me an email at mshifley@gmail.com to coordinate getting you bookmarks from Kyle. Thanks. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do. Thanks for stopping by❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. เล่นผ่านเว็บ pg slot สล็อตเครดิตฟรี ไม่ต้องฝาก ทดลองเล่นโดยไม่ต้องฝาก เล่นได้แบบไม่มีขีดจำกัดตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง รวมทั้งเบิกเงินในปริมาณ พีจี รับเครดิตง่าย ๆ ไม่ต้องฝากก็เล่นได้

    ReplyDelete