Saturday, October 15, 2022

Thanks to Smithsonian for the charming photo. 

Frog Pond 2.0


For those of you who followed Ananda Girl back in the day, you will remember The Frog Pond. For those of you who didn't, it's what I called my experience with online dating. As in you have to kiss a number of frogs before you find a prince. 

I'm 67 years old and a widow. I found my prince of a husband online. Prior to his death, we had discussed in length what we wanted should one of us die. This included funeral, our wishes regarding life support and other fun topics. One of those was that we gave each other permission not to live alone. A get out of guilt free ticket to move on and find someone who would share our life and open a door to living fully. Life is too short. Neither of us thought that would happen as soon as it did. I thought I'd be the first to go, since I was four years older. God had other plans. Fortunately, Randy was right with God, so I've got no worries that he is much happier where he is now. 

Here I am at my age feeling lonely for companionship. Life alone is something I am doing and can continue to do if I must. I'm still young enough not to sit and be alone forever. But that window is shrinking. My family is great, and they pay a great deal of attention to me. I'm blessed like that. They have busy lives and kids and all that entails. I want them to be happy and not worry about me. 

I don't need a man to complete me, but it would be nice to have one to compliment me. Does that make sense? Piglet is a great companion. She sleeps with me and keeps me warm at night. She amuses me all the time. Piglet can't go to the movies, discuss books or dine out. I miss those things.  I miss intimacy. Piglet is very affectionate, but she doesn't have human arms or lips that I'd want to kiss. 

I officially signed up for online dating. I've begun talking to Frog "J". He seems nice and honest but it's early days. There are more frogs out there and I'll be adding to the pond whenever one shows up. 

Wish me luck!






2 comments:

  1. Long time, no read. I visited Cricket's magnificent Thanksgiving post, was reading the comments, saw yours, and wondered how you were. Well, now I know. God bless you. I hope Frog "J" was someone good; if not, I hope you've found someone else worthy of your loving soul. In the meantime, the happiest of Thanksgivings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came up as an anonymous post. Huh. It's Suldog.

    ReplyDelete